Hello folk, Hope you must be doing well. In last article, I informed you about five things you should never say to your child. Today I am back with another set of guidelines that shows difference between common parenting and intelligent parenting.
- They have ability to find uniqueness in their child:
Intelligent parents enroll child in various activities, observe their performance and interests and hence find their talent and interests. They find the expertise in the child and help them sharpen their skills.
- They can guide their child
They don’t impose their wish on the child but be ready to guide them as and when needed. They guide their child towards better future.
- They understand and help their child to achieve their dreams
They give their child wings to fly in open sky. They allow their kids to follow their dreams. They are always ready to help the kid as and when needed. They encourage the kids to follow their dreams and work hard to achieve their dreams.
- They set a good example for their child
Their children don’t need to follow someone else or idealize someone else to look upon for successful examples. Their parents themselves work so hard and themselves become a good example for their child to follow.
- They learn child upbringing skills and create balance in life
They take efforts to expertise in parenting and kid upbringing skills and hence balance the life of kid and themselves.
- They give space to their child to see a real world
They give freedom to their child so that they can take their own decisions in their own space and face the real world with open arms. They face the reality of the world soon which helps them in their overall upbringing
- Parents and child both share the same value in the family
Parents and children both have great value and importance in family. Opinions and thoughts are exchanged openly in the family. The thoughts and values of the kids are given importance and never made fun of even though it may be very irrelevant. Instead they explain their kid why the thought is irrelevant and why one should not follow their thought and opinion in a particular situation.
- They listen and understand their child.
They always listen their child carefully and try to understand their child in all the situations
- Unknowingly, they compare their kid with other kid
Every child is different so the parents should not compare their kid with someone else knowingly or unknowingly. This will reduce the self esteem of your kid.
- They punish their kids for mistakes
All mistakes should not be punished. Some mistakes are necessary in life to learn new things and gain experience in life
- They enforce their thoughts on their kids
Kids are independent individuals. Parents should not enforce their thoughts on their kids. Kids should have rights to follow their own will
- They make rules for the kids to follow
The rules created in family should not be enforced only on kids. They should be followed by each and every member of the family.
- They consider themselves to be entirely responsible for education of kids
They fell that they have enough knowledge based on their experiences to guide the kid. But one should know that knowledge is never enough.
- They can’t wait to help their kids during tough times
Kids should be helped when they themselves feel the need for help. They should atleast try themselves to fight the situation
- They feel their kid should follow all their orders
They feel that as the kids are younger to them, they should follow all their orders. But, its not true. They have their own self-respect.
- They feel only school is responsible to take care of the kid completely.
They feel school is completely responsible for the overall development of the kid but they forget that parents are equally responsible for the overall development of the kid.
So, now its up to you to choose which parenting approach you would like to follow.