What is Garbh Sanskar?
Garbh Sanskar is an ancient Indian practice that means “education for pregnant women”. The main aim of this practice is to create a positive mindset for childbirth. This positive mindset is said to lead to a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby.
There are a number of different ways in which Garbh Sanskar can be practiced. These include things like yoga, meditation, and positive affirmations. Additionally, there are a number of different books and resources that women can use to learn more about this ancient practice.
If you are pregnant or are planning on becoming pregnant, then learning about Garbh Sanskar is a great way to prepare for the arrival of your new baby. Keep reading to learn more about this ancient art!
The benefits of Garbh Sanskar
Garbh Sanskar has been practiced in India for centuries and is said to have many benefits to both the mother and the baby. The practice of Garbh Sanskar involves activities such as yogic meditation, pranayama, mantras, diet and lifestyle changes. All of which are thought to help create a healthy and positive pregnancy.
The following are some of the potential benefits of practicing Garbh Sanskar:
– Enhanced focus and clarity of conscious thinking
– Improved physical and emotional wellbeing
– Boosted confidence and improved mental health
– Reduced labour pain and shorter labour times
– Increased bond between the mother and baby
– Positive mindset for a healthy baby
– Improved mindfulness and control of emotions
These are just a few of the potential benefits of Garbh Sanskar. While these benefits cannot be guaranteed, it is clear that this ancient practice can have positive impacts on childbirth.
The techniques involved in Garbh Sanskar
There are many techniques used in Garbh Sanskar to create a positive environment for the unborn child and instill good habits in the child. These techniques include:
1. Positive chants: The baby in the womb is exposed to positive vibrations from the mother’s chanting of mantras. The mantras can include verses from sacred texts or phrases that offer positive affirmations.
2. Sensory stimulation: The practice of Garbh Sanskar also involves sensory stimulation such as gentle massage, aromatherapy and music. This helps her stay relaxed, aiding in better sleep and overall calmness.
3. Exercise: Pregnant mothers are encouraged to do light forms of exercise such as yoga, pranayama and meditation, to help maintain the physical and mental health of both the mother and the baby.
4. Diet: Eating a balanced diet during pregnancy is essential for a healthy baby, and Garbh Sanskar mothers keep to a strict, nutritious diet.
These techniques are just a few of the many practices that utilize the ancient art of Garbh Sanskar and are thought to contribute to a healthy and positive birth experience.
Getting started with Garbh Sanskar
When beginning Garbh Sanskar, the mother-to-be and her partner are encouraged to create a schedule and follow it conscientiously. Here are some tips to help get started on the right foot.
1. Identify a time when the distractions are minimal and focus on the practice. This can be early in the morning or late in the evening.
2. Prepare the environment with calming music, scented candles and other comforting objects like a favourite book or photo.
3. Have a special practice space that is comfortable and conducive to focus and concentration.
4. Start with a few mantras or prayers, read aloud or in your head.
5. Have a special dialogue each day between the mother and baby using positive language or affirmations.
6. Engage in gentle exercise, yoga and breathing exercises to maintain physical and mental wellbeing.
7. Stick to a nutritious, healthy diet, rich in vitamins and minerals.
These activities, done regularly and with consistency, will lay the foundation for the journey of Garbh Sanskar. It is important to keep it regular to bring about a sense of harmony and balance for the mother and the baby.